Student Health and Wellness is home to The UConn Sexperts. This volunteer peer education group presents programs to students across campus in student groups, Greek Life and residence halls. Student Health and Wellness is very proud of the UConn Sexperts for receiving several national and regional awards.
To promote positive and responsible health to UConn students; respecting people’s individual choices and creating awareness of sexual health issues, including safer-sex strategies, sexually transmitted infections, contraception/birth control, sexual boundaries and consent, pleasure, and healthy decision making.
The UConn Sexpert Mandatory Commitments:
- Attendance at 1-hour weekly meeting
- Changes each semester, typically Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening
- Attendance at at least two (2) programs a month
- Programs run for two hours – times/dates based on requests
- Attendance at one (1) all-day Saturday training at the start of each semester
- January and September
- One (1) half-hour mid-semester meeting with the UConn Sexpert’s Supervisor
- Attendance at the Involvement Fair, Block Party, Condom-a-thon, and Late Night events
- Opportunity to present at regional conferences
- Experience assisting with gloveBOX program
Spring 2020: All of our positions are currently filled. However, we do accept applications on a continuous basis. Interviews will be extended if/when open positions become available. Applications are open to first-year, second-year, and third-year undergraduate students. We are unable to accept students scheduled to graduate the semester after they apply.
For more information, please contact Cassy Setzler at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 860-486-0791.