To schedule a program please call Health Education at 860-486-0772.
Note: Not all programs are offered each semester. Please check the RA Flyer to see which programs are available.
First Year Experience Classes
- One of our most requested presentations, this fun interactive game is only offered to first year students in INTD 1800/1820 courses through request of instructors and upon availability of Health Education staff.
- This program is not available in the residence halls or for groups.
- Did you know that peppermint helps alleviate headaches? Or that cinnamon stimulates and warms the body? Choose your own cloth and herbs to create a personalized aromatherapy pillow! Stop by to make your own pillow and to learn ways for utilizing your pillow!
- Learn the benefits of different aromas such as lavender, peppermint, and orange while creating your own aromatherapy oil!
- Do you know any massage techniques?
- In this interactive program learn basic techniques for the back, neck, and hands. Bring a partner to work in pairs or fly solo. Self massage techniques will also be taught!
- In this program learn to focus attention and awareness on the present moment and learn how to practice mindfulness while eating.
- In this program learn how incorrect breathing can impact stress and correct “belly breathing” can positively impact academics.
- Are you condom savvy? Find out during one of our most requested evening programs each semester – the Rubberwear program! Learn about all the different condoms, dental dams and lubrication Health Education offers to students through interactive activities such as flavored lube tastings, condom races & condom quizzes! Play and Win prizes!
- Similar to the game Pictionary, learn more about sex and sexuality through this fun interactive game of drawing. Art skills are helpful but not required.
You Don’t Know Jack About Sex
Spring Break Taboos
- Going away for Spring Break?
- This interactive game provides useful spring break tips and is a spin-off of the Taboo board game. Test your knowledge while learning to have fun in the sun! Only offered in the Spring Semester before Spring Break.